Apr 14, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT
Ron Burkle, a billionaire California mogul, has emerged as a last hours savior for the Kings franchise – or at least an incredibly large thorn for the Maloofs. Burkle, part owner of the NHL’s Pittsburgh Penguins (who was an intricate part is saving them from moving to Kansas City, ironically) emerged as a potential buyer during Mayor Kevin Johnson’s presentation with the NBA’s Board of Governors this afternoon.
While little information was released initially, Burkle and his 3+ billion dollar net worth made it clear that he wants to keep the Kings in Sacramento if he was lucky enough to purchase the team from the Maloofs. And while the Maloof family has continually said they’re not interested in selling, considering Burkle’s finances and ability to get the Maloofs out of any financial trouble they could be in, the idea will certainly have to cross their minds – not to mention the NBA being more than open to bringing in another billionaire owner into the ol’ boys club. [A Royal Pain]
- Texas A&M’s Agg-tastic Letter To Football Recruit. [SportsbyBrooks]
- Here’s A Photo Of LSU Football Coach Les Miles Kissing A Pig. You’re Welcome. [SportsGrid]
- $30 Beers At Indians Games. [The Sports Show With Norm Macdonald]
If Blogdome were a color, it would be atomic tangerine. Contact: Rickchand@gmail.com.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found