Apr 14, 2011, 10:05 AM EDT
Do not try this at home! Cindy Dandois just turned down a matchup with Strikeforce star Gina Carano in June, and it’s the reason we’ve all seen a hundred times before: she’s three and a half months pregnant. All of which means:
Interestingly enough, Dandois’ last fight was on March 19, so if she really is three and a half months pregnant, that means she competed in a fight (which she won, by the way) while she was over two months pregnant. I wonder if that is a first in MMA.
That is going to be one bad-ass baby.
Er, what I meant to say was, this is terrible. Your unborn child could be seriously injured in an MMA fight, because as we all know, there are no tap-outs in the womb. But Dandois says she didn’t realize she was pregnant when she fought.
“I did tests before because my weight was more difficult to reach, but they were all negative so I didn’t realize it,” Dandois said in an email to Cagewriter. She even took a test at a hospital before getting an X-ray, and that came up negative.
This all begs the question — do all state commissions that control fights need to start administering a pregnancy test along with tests for PEDs before females step into the cage? Nevada State Athletic Commission does require pregnancy testing, though that would not have changed anything for Dandois as her pregnancy tests came up negative.
Great. Yet another delay tactic for Mayweather.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- Play Video: Spurs take a commanding 2-0 lead
- Play Video: An early whistle takes goal away from Kings
- Play Video: Kerr: LeBron vs. Jordan comes down to rings
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks even series with Kings
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins comeback to win Game 3