Apr 13, 2011, 4:45 PM EST
If you’re mad at the NFL and NBA for using acts such as the Black Eyed Peas or Faith Hill for their theme music, blame the NRL. Australian rugby league has been using mediocre music since the late 80s to promote their brand. Several months ago, we brought you the homoerotic Tina Turner joint that introduced the 1989 NRL season. Bear down even.
Since that debacle, the NRL hasn’t been able to pump anyone up for what is legitimately one of the toughest sports in the world. The league has used artists such as Tom Jones, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Hoodoo Gurus, Chumbawumba and “racing car noises” in the past. 2011 is no different. Enter Bon Jovi with “This Is Our House”. [Deuce of Davenport]
- ‘Sports Show With Norm MacDonald’ Was Pretty Awesome. To be frank, while it was a little rough around the edges – hardly surprising for a debut episode – I found it quite entertaining and given that Norm’s particular brand of humor gets a lot of its greatness from it being delivered a bit roughly, it played pretty well. … [Sportress of Blogitude]
- TedWilliamsHead Interview With John Daly’s Ex-Wife: Sherrie Daly Says ‘John Made Tiger Woods Look Like A Saint.’ [Ted Williams Head]
- Promise of death in the afternoon keeps bullfighting alive for fans. [Iberosphere]
- Bowie Baysox need a name for their new fish mascot. [Bowie Baysox]
- Charles Barkley: ‘Derrick Rose should win the MVP in a landslide.’ [Sports Radio Interviews]
The internet is darkness, and Blogdome is the light. Contact: Rickchand@gmail.com.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found