Apr 13, 2011, 6:54 PM EDT
The last photo my friend ever sent me: Greetings from the water hazard at Carbrook Golf Club! Tragic, really.
To paraphrase Jack Handey: “When you lose your ball at Carbrook, I’d just forget about it, because brother, that ball is gone.” Below are a pair of videos shot by visitors to beautiful Carbrook, located in a suburb of Logan City, Queensland, about 24 miles from Brisbane, Aus.
Great, now every golf course is going to want its own shark.
The Logan River is nearby, but doesn’t actually run through the course. The story is that the river flooded its banks in the early 1990s, and several fish species — including sharks — were washed into the lakes a creeks of the course. At first sharks there were just considered a myth, but now after several sightings, the golf course staff actually feeds them (usually chicken, I’m told).
Sharks on the Course [Carbrook Golf Club]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found