Apr 11, 2011, 1:13 PM EDT
There’s nothing as quintessentially American as the dog-riding monkeys of the old west who herded goats to feed a young nation. And add baseball to the mix you have, well, I’m not sure what, exactly, but it seems to be popular. Here in the video below is Team Ghost Riders, who have traveled throughout the land to perform at many of our finest Minor League Baseball venues. Witness:
- Monkeys apparently strapped to the backs of border collies. Is it humane? No one’s asking.
- Goats being herded around the outfield, into a pen, and, amazingly, onto the roof of a pickup truck.
- Players trying to warm up in the outfield while dodging goats.
But the most entertaining part to me is at the end of the performance, when professional rodeo cowboy Tim “Wild Thang” Lepard presents a rather long monologue about the state of things in his home state of Mississippi (which somehow seems to include New Orleans).
“In 1962 a little boy was born, and his dream and his goal was to own a monkey.”
So remember, if your local Minor League Baseball team is advertising a Cowboy Monkey Rodeo Night, run — don’t walk — to purchase tickets.
Cowboy Rodeo Visits LeLacheur Park July 19 [Lowell Spinners]
Monkeys On Dogs Herding Mountain Goats At A Baseball Game [Getting Blanked]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights