Apr 8, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Perhaps you’ve already heard the story of Regina Mayer, the teenager from southern Germany who always wanted a jumping horse. Her parents wouldn’t get her one, so the 15-year-old did what you or I would do: she started riding a cow. Named Luna, the cow “thinks it’s a horse,” according to Mayer.
Now, Luna understands commands such as ‘go’, ‘stand’ and ‘gallop’ — when she feels like it.
“It’s a lot of work, but I enjoy it. When she wants to do something she does it, when she doesn’t, she doesn’t. And she is often very headstrong but can also be really adorable.”
Not sure about Germany, but the history of the U.S. would be quite different if there had been no horses, and we replaced them with cows. “We’re forming a posse to go after the Cavendish gang, and we’re going to leave at sunup … or maybe by noon, whenever the cows feel like it.”
So the next time you feel small or out of place or that something is out of reach, think of Regina Mayer and Luna. And if you go out riding, you may not get home in time for curfew. But at least you’ll have some milk.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while observing just another typical day in Lakeland, Fla. …
- Adam Dunn credits TV with medical diagnosis that may have saved his life.
- British cop criticizes Wayne Rooney on his blog. Wait, policemen have blogs?
- Today’s Lingerie Football League update.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
Female sea horses are sluts.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT