Apr 5, 2011, 4:48 PM EST
This is no April Fool’s prank, Chris Lafferty announced this past week that he would be driving with a new primary sponsor through 2012. TeaPartyRacing.com will be featured on Lafferty’s NASCAR Camping World Series truck.
Together, TeaPartyRacing.com and Lafferty Motorsports will become a NASCAR promotional tool for The Tea Party. The multi-season deal will begin during the 2011 July 4th celebrations. The truck, dubbed “We The People’s” truck, will see its’ first green flag at Kentucky Speedway on July 7, 2011. The truck’s manufacturer, color and design will all be decided by “the people.” A copy of the U.S. Constitution will be emblazoned on the truck’s hood.
Lafferty assures this new opportunity will bring much anticipated success both on and off the track. “Lafferty Motorsports welcomes TeaPartyRacing.com,” announced Lafferty. “We will bring ‘The People’s Truck’ to the front.” Lafferty is a perfect fit for the tea party movement due in large part to his grassroots upbringing. He will be speaking at rallies around the country with “The People’s Truck” in tow. [Catchfence.com]
- Video Shows Why Turkish Basketball Fans Are Craziest In The World. The game, which featured a few NBA draftees (Ricky Rubio, Nick Calathes, and Fran Vasquez among them), also had fans who were “singing, hissing, booing, cheering,” and possibly smoking… a half hour before tipoff. … [Sports Grid]
- Ohio St. Item Cited By NCAA Seen On Pawn Stars. [SportsByBrooks]
- Listen to This Baltimore Orioles Tribute Song as Performed by 5 Dorky White Guys. [The Last Angry Fan]
- John Wall is not amused by your flatulence. [Deuce of Davenport]
Deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want blogdome, you need blogdome. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found