Apr 4, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
SF Giants Pat Burrell and Dan Runzler were feeling a bit artistic on Saturday following their team’s first win of the season, so they decided to commemorate teammate Aubrey Huff’s defensive prowess in right field at Dodger Stadium thusly. Huff made two diving attempts that night, one which resulted in a rather embarrassing face plant during the team’s 10-0 win over LA. So an equipment manager served as a model as they traced this in chalk, complete with Huff’s No. 17.
Sadly for the Giants, the chalk outline served double duty as a metaphor for their series as a whole. Let’s check those National League standings … ouch! The ESPN experts were right; just five months late.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while choosing a doctor for a delicate medical procedure …
- Finally: Nike is making Cheech & Chong-themed sneakers.
- Duke lacrosse accuser is arrested for stabbing her boyfriend. These charges may stick.
- Wayne Rooney is very sorry for that thing he said on live TV.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
Just a typical flight on Southwest.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found