Apr 1, 2011, 4:43 PM EDT
The bright pink T-shirts were eye-catching enough. Add blue wigs, costume jewelry and the words “Hockey Luvin Homo,” and the two fans seated behind the Vancouver Canucks’ bench in their win over the Los Angeles Kings found immediate celebrity status on Thursday night.
“We thought there might be some reaction to the wearing of those T-shirts behind the bench, but had no idea that the Internet would buzz like it has,” said “Henrietta,” the large-armed HLH whose shirt made it into several camera shots with Canucks Coach Alain Vigneault. [The Royal Half, via Puck Daddy]
- Amar’e Stoudemire And Carmelo Anthony Can Tell You How To Get To Sesame Street. Little known fact: Grover is a notorious ball hog. And kind of a chucker as well. Not that I can blame him. The puppet’s got mad ball skills. This photo, uploaded to the interwebs yesterday by New York Knicks big man Amar’e Stoudemire, shows he and teammate Carmelo Anthony hanging out with the aforementioned Grover as the two Knickerbockers filmed a scene for an upcoming episode of Sesame Street. [Sportress of Blogitude]
- Albert Pujols Sets Yet Another Major League Record. [Rumors & Rants]
- The Conversation: Opening Day, Red Sox–Yankees, and Baseball as Life. [The Good Men Project]
- Is It A Bad Idea If The Red Sox Want To Sell Hard Liquor Throughout Fenway Park? [Ted Williams Head]
- Doc Rivers and Ray Allen go golfing. [That NBA Lottery Pick]
- Nats Park Honors 9/11 Heroes With Latest Spelling Fail. [Mr. Irrelevant]
Blogdome is the opiate of the masses. Contact: Rickchand@gmail.com.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead