Mar 31, 2011, 12:20 PM EDT
Happy Opening Day, everyone. If you happen to be in southern California, it’s going to be a festive affair over at Dodger Stadium, where the Giants are in town. Be sure and pick up a copy of Dodgers Magazine while you’re there, where you’ll find … wait, what the hell? Tim Lincecum on the cover?
What next? Alex Rodriguez on the cover of the Red Sox program?
“I don’t mind. I actually like it. It’s time for explosive openings,” says Vin Scully Is My Homeboy, who sent me this. “Tim Lincecum and Clayton Kershaw. Fans can only purchase this version of the magazine at Dodger Stadium merchandise stands on Opening Day.”
I wonder how other Dodgers fans are going to feel about using the Giants to promote their team. It probably won’t go over well once they see the airplane banner.
Other, rejected ideas for the Opening Day cover of Dodgers Magazine:
- A confused Matt Kemp trying to find his way out of the stadium.
- Don Mattingly wrestling with a rusty shopping cart.
- Phil Shuman crashing his dirt bike.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found