Mar 29, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Dickie V will laugh this off no doubt, but at what point do network college basketball experts — who are being paid big bucks for their opinions — get held accountable for their failures? How many wrong predictions before your credibility is totally shot? The video below is a compilation of ESPN pundits pooping all over VCU when the seedings were first announced. And as you can see in the photo here, taken during a VCU rally in Richmond recently, a lot of people haven’t forgotten how ESPN in general and Vitale in particular loudly proclaimed that the Rams didn’t deserve to be in the tournament.
Perhaps ESPN should get out of the prediction business, and just report scores.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while rockin’ to The Smylie Family …
- Man steals 60 Sacramento Kings tickets, and can’t get rid of 29 of them.
- Marlins’ Logan Morrison takes a potshot at Tampa Bay’s Evan Longoria, who had an AK-47 stolen from his house.
- Does this player have the best name in the history of college basketball?
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
Mark prepares to act out a scene from Breakfast at Tiffanys.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found