Mar 29, 2011, 5:54 PM EST
There is no quicker way to anger a man than to mess with his car (it’s why Alexander the Great invaded Persia: parking tickets). And so the Cleveland Cavaliers have discovered the best way to poke LeBron James with the same knife they pulled from their own backs: deny him access to the Quicken Loans Arena parking garage. From hell’s heart, we stab at thee!
This morning James rolled up to the facility for a shootaround (the Cavs play the Heat tonight), in two cars — the second full of his entourage. But no … rejected! LeBron and his vehicles will have to park in the lot with everyone else, they were told.
Cavs officials said James eventually was cleared to enter the building, but several people with him were not. The two cars then left, and James alone returned a short time later and was allowed in, officials said.
Cavs spokesman Tad Carper said visiting NBA players are not normally given private car access to the underground garage, but exceptions are made when requests are made in advance.
James, who regularly used a driver when going to shootarounds when he was a member of the Cavs, did not have permission.
LeBron James’ Entourage Denied Access To Quicken Loans Arena’s Parking Garage [Sportress of Blogitude]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found