Mar 28, 2011, 5:52 PM EST
Things to do in Colombia when you’re dead … attend a soccer game? Tragically, a 17-year-old Colombian soccer fan was shot and killed on Saturday while playing in a neighborhood park. On Sunday, members of the Barra del Indio fan group — to which the boy had belonged — swiped his coffin from the funeral home and took it to Cucuta Deportivo’s match against Envigado at General Santander Stadium in Cucuta. As you can see, they apparently had no problem getting in. “I swear officer, it’s just a beer cooler.”
After his wake, friends from “Barra del Indio” took the cadaver from the funeral home and paraded it around and then into the stadium in an attempt to pay homage to the slain soccer fan.
The medic for the soccer club, Julio Rivera, told the press, “They don’t let in the “barras” (fanatics) but yes, a cadaver. This is the only part of the world where this has happened.”
I’m surprised they allowed this, as dead people spend very little on refreshments.
Colombian fans took a dead body to football match [Dirty Tackle]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found