Mar 25, 2011, 5:39 PM EDT
You may recall a while back when the Lingerie Football League attempted to drop a franchise into Oklahoma City, but city leaders rejected the idea (they needed their arena for Satanic church events). Well, OkCity’s loss is Minnesota’s gain, dontcha know. The frilly underwear league signed a deal with Target Center on Thursday night to make Minneapolis the lucky 11th LFL franchise.
“We truly understand the sheer amount of people that are sport fanatics in the greater Twin Cities area,” says league founder Mitchell Mortaza. “We would be foolish not to place a franchise there.”
Yes, they’d be fools not to do it!
The league is scheduling tryouts for mid-April, and is also looking for a coach and an owner. Yeah, that latter thing might be helpful. Cleveland, Las Vegas and Green Bay have also been awarded franchises.
But here’s the best part: the Minneapolis team also needs a name. Any suggestions? Here’s some starters:
Minneapolis Pawlenty of Skin
Lake Wobegon Keillors
St. Paul Fishnet Stalkings
Lingerie Football League coming to Minneapolis [CityPages]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found