Mar 13, 2011, 11:42 AM EST
The Bakersfield Condors’ gala Charlie Sheen Night on Saturday didn’t draw the sellout crowd that the ECHL franchise was hoping for, but the 5,500 who did show up included several TV and print reporters, and you can’t buy publicity like that. Advantage, Condors.
Getting in right under the wire before the Sheen meme is beaten into the ground, the Condors offered tiger blood icees, Charlie Sheen masks, free admission to anyone who presented a clean blood test and reduced admission to anyone who dressed like Sheen. Of course, you’ll see in the video below, one woman used the occasion to teach her 15-year-old son important life lessons, such as, you can gain reduced admission to a sporting event by dressing as a famous reprobate. Her son’s ensemble included fedora, trench coat, cigarettes in the shirt pocket and a glass of vodka. #winning?
The Condors beat the Idaho Steelhead, 2-1, despite the fact that they reportedly did not warm up before the game. That was in tribute to Sheen’s “It’s practice” quote.
And finally, KTLA’s Rebecca Hall (above) tried to get into the spirit of things, but couldn’t seem to get past the fact that the Condors’ home is named “Rob-a-bank” Arena.
Bakersfield Condors’ ‘Charlie Sheen Night’ to feature Tigers Blood Icees, Sheen mask on a stick [Off the Bench]
Local Hockey Team Hosts ‘Charlie Sheen’ Night, Fans Get in for ‘Two and a Half’ Bucks [KTLA]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found