Mar 4, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Minor League Baseball is filled with shame at this hour, after it was learned that Minor League Hockey was the first to jump on the Charlie Sheen promotional bandwagon. The Bakersfield Condors, an ECHL team, will hold Charlie Sheen Night on Saturday, March 12, which will include a multitude of Sheen-inspired goodies. Not only will free admission be given to anyone who brings a clean drug test, but there will be Tiger Blood Icees and Charlie Sheen masks-on-a-stick for the kids.
The Condors have invited Sheen to participate in the puck drop, but no response so far.
“We picked this date for the Charlie Sheen Night because we figured St. Patrick’s Day was a Holiday that Charlie enjoyed celebrating,” said Condors President Matthew Riley. “We would invite him come up to the game and participate in a ceremonial puck drop and just have fun for the night with our fans. We’ll even give him the ticket special for dressing up like himself.”
Other features of the night:
- Wear a fedora, or dress like any Charlie Sheen movie character and receive admission for two and a half bucks ($2.50).
- Twitter signup world record attempt.
- Charlie’s dubbed “Goddesses” (Natalie Kenly and Rachel Oberlin) have been named as honorary captains for the game.
- A rock band from Mars will play in front of the arena on the plaza before the game.
- Before this game, the Condors aren’t going to practice, attempting to channel Sheen’s no-rehearsal-required spirit. After all, to quote the great Allen Iverson, “We’re talkin’ about practice?!”
‘Charlie Sheen Night’ all about ‘winning’ for Bakersfield Condors [Puck Daddy]
Condors announce Charlie Sheen Night [Bakersfield Condors]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: Craig Adams lays out Spezza in OT
- Play Video: Highlights: Senators win double overtime thriller
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: Boychuk gives Bruins lead in Game 2
- Play Video: van Garderen wins Tour of California