Feb 28, 2011, 1:29 PM EST
Ronaldinho, who returned to Brazil in January after a stint with AC Milan, is taking samba lessons in anticipation of Rio’s Carnival (this is true). They paid off on Sunday when he scored on a 25-yard free kick to give Flamengo a 1-0 win over Boavista in the Carioca (Rio de Janeiro) Championship. Following the goal, Ronaldinho hastily organized a conga line, which danced all the way down the sideline. Don’t you love it when a plan comes together?
Those socks, the dancing, the dives … how can we not take soccer seriously?*
* = May be sarcasm.
Ronaldinho scores and leads conga line [Soccer America Daily]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found