Feb 25, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
If you’re an 11-year-old boy, there can be no greater prize in life than free pizza for a year — it pretty much makes you king of the world. So here’s Cody Collins, attempting a half-court shot at a Kennesaw State (Ga.) men’s game, during a media timeout. The prize is free pizza from Papa John’s for a year.
Watch his pal under the basket signal a three before the ball gets to the rim. No team mascot, you don’t get any!
Of course if this were a hockey game, an insurance company would have ruled that Cody stepped over the line.
11-year-old earns free pizza for a year with half-court heave [The Dagger]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team