Feb 23, 2011, 2:05 PM EDT
Ever wish that you could just watch baseball all day, blog about it, and get paid for it? Be careful what you wish for. MLB.com has just such an opening, but you read the headline correctly. You must watch and blog on every single MLB game this season … all 2,472 of them, including the All-Star Game and the playoffs. How is this even possible? Jeff Heckelman of Major League Baseball explains:
“We’re still working out the details of the setting in which the person will hang out,” said Heckelman. “But suffice it to say it will be a setting conducive to watching multiple games simultaneously.”
The person that is hired for this job will have to relocate to New York City during the season. In addition to writing about the games and their experience, they will be part of a show that will air on the league’s website and will participate in what Heckelman called a “live interactive experience for baseball fans.”
Heckelman says MLB is looking for somebody that has an encyclopedic knowledge of the entire league, is entertaining, has a unique and humorous writing style and will be comfortable in front of a camera.
MLB is also looking to capitalize on marketing and promotional partnerships with what they are hoping is a popular project. “We’re certainly talking about such opportunities internally, but at this point we’re just focused on finding the right person and the rest will follow.”
Below is the link to the site where you can apply. The winning applicant must:
Pass a background check (sorry, Phillies fans).
Be able to eat while watching the Mets.
Be willing to use a urinary catheter.
Have no life.
Have no problem looking like this by September.
DREAM JOB?: Watch (And Blog About) Every Single Major League Baseball Game This Season [Business Insider]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Highlights: Burkman shocks Fitch
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Gronk has successful surgery
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'