Feb 22, 2011, 12:39 PM EDT
Oof, that’s amazing. The video below will frustrate all of you weekend hackers (is that the term for tennis?), as top seed Andy Roddick dispatches Milos Raonic on a diving forehand down the line on match point to win the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships on Sunday. Final: 7-6(7), 6-7(11), 7-5.
World No. 8 Roddick became the third active player on the ATP World Tour to win 30 or more career singles titles, joining Roger Federer (67) and Rafael Nadal (43). He also became the eighth American-born player to accomplish the feat.
“That’s the best shot I’ve ever hit in my life, considering the circumstance,” said Roddick.
Roddick Stops Raonic To Clinch 30th Title [ATP World Tour]
Roddick wins in Memphis on spectacular diving winner [Busted Racquet]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million