Feb 21, 2011, 2:52 PM EST
Damn you, Chris Lee. See what you’ve started? An assistant coach for the CHL Colorado Eagles became so irate over a referee’s actions during a game on Sunday that he stripped off his clothes and threw them onto the ice. Assistant Greg Pankewicz did not appreciate linesman Chris Wilson tackling one of his players during a fight, and let him know with an abusive tirade from the bench. But fearing he hadn’t made his point, and then began taking off his clothes and chucking the garments onto the playing surface, except for, thankfully, his pants.
While Dan Sullivan and Russell Smith were engaged in fisticuffs, Grimaldi keyed in on another Mississippi player, but before he could get to him was tackled hard to the ice by Wilson.
Pankewicz was irate, and methodically dismantled his three-piece suit and tossed the clothing to the ice. Shirtless, Pankewicz’s last tosses included his loafers.
He did not want to comment on the situation after the game
Of course if the refs were smart, they would have refrained from ejecting Pankewicz, requiring him to stay on the bench, shirtless, for the remainder of the game. Brrr.
Eagles dominant in toppling Kings [Loveland Reporter-Herald]
Greg Pankewicz Strips During Tirade: Eagles Assistant Coach Ejected From CHL Game [Huffington Post]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found