Feb 18, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
In a column by Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star on Thursday, former heavyweight boxer Tommy Morrison claims that he teleported himself out of a bar to avoid a fight, and that the human body can re-grow limbs. But, sadly, he was only getting started. Morrison’s career derailed in 1996 after testing positive for HIV, and later being jailed for drug and weapons offenses. But he now says that HIV “is a myth,” and to prove it, he has unprotected sex “all the time.”
Tommy Morrison figures you won’t believe him, but he’ll tell you anyway about the time he teleported himself out of trouble.
It was in a dark and shady bar in Springfield. Daytime. A group of people sat around a table in the back corner, and Tommy instantly felt like he’d walked in on something. He says there was “an overwhelming feeling of evil” in that room, and he knew he had to get out. So he lowered his head and shut his eyes and when he woke up he was standing outside in bright daylight.
“I know it sounds (messed) up,” he says. “But I’ll tell you what, it happened to me. It’s real. But things like this don’t work for anybody that doesn’t believe it.”
Morrison also says that HIV is a myth invented by a scientist who wanted to make money, and that the government kept the lie alive in order to scare people. He doesn’t have HIV, never did, and besides, it’s not the deadly disease it’s been made out to be.
Morrison, says Mellinger, is currently lobbying for boxing to allow him back into the ring for another comeback (the last one was five years ago). At 42, and with his history of drug abuse, that doesn’t seem likely. At least I hope not.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found