Feb 17, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
Tweet of the Day so far:
BastardMachine Tim Goodman
Sigh. It was only a matter of time: Watson arrested after booze-and-coke fueled bender. “He made Sheen look like a big girl’s blouse.”
That’s Tim Goodman, TV critic for the Hollywood Reporter and middling softball pitcher. And as you may have guessed, Watson wasn’t actually sharing a holding cell with Miguel Cabrera last night. After trouncing his human competition on the third and final day of his stint on Jeopardy!, Watson received his first post-game show assignment.
IBM announced an agreement with Nuance Communications, a speech recognition provider, to develop and commercialize Watson’s advanced analytics capabilities in the healthcare industry.
Watson’s ability to answer questions, process natural language, and learn, coupled with speech recognition and clinical language understanding will be used to diagnose and treat patients. It will also provide hospitals, physicians and payers access to critical and timely information.
On Wednesday they had a Jeopardy! viewing party at Marist University, where many of the IBM executives and employees responsible for building Watson went to school. And here’s another fun fact: One of the key players for the Marist men’s basketball team this season? Menelik Watson.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Play Video: Konig takes Stage 7, van Garderen retains overall lead
- Play Video: Captain Callahan answers for Rangers
- Play Video: Chudzinski: 'Too early' to name a QB