Feb 15, 2011, 2:13 PM EDT
O.J. Simpson, beaten bloody in a prison melee? Did HBO bring back the TV show Oz? Um, no, apparently. The Nevada Department of Corrections is denying a report by the National Enquirer that Simpson was beaten up by a prison gang. The Enquirer quotes Simpson’s former business partner, Bruce Fromong, saying that Simpson was attacked at the Nevada prison in which he was incarcerated in 2008, and had to spend three weeks in the infirmary. The report, which has been picked up by the Huffington Post and CBS Sports, among others, says that Simpson is now afraid to leave his cell.
Inmates cheered as a muscular young skinhead knocked [Simpson] to the ground, punching and kicking him to a bloody pulp and inflicting injuries so severe he secretly spent nearly three weeks in the infirmary before he recovered.
But Nevada Department of Corrections spokesman Kevin Ingram quickly debunked the report, telling FOX5 there is no truth to the article and Simpson is “just fine.”
Simpson is serving 9-33 years at the Lovelock Correctional Center in Northern Nevada for the armed robbery of a sports memorabilia dealer in 2007.
Prison official denies Simpson was attacked [Fox5Vegas]
O.J. Simpson Beaten Unconscious In Prison Attack: Report [Huffington Post]
OJ beaten unconscious in brutal prison attack [National Enquirer]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million