Feb 14, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
Oprah may be packing up all her stuff, but her show isn’t officially kaput until September; meaning that she’s going to go all out to get every huge guest she can. Her big guest in May? Elvis (yep, he’s still alive). July? Cooking segment with Hosni Mubarek. Later this month? Michael Vick. Whoa, that last one is true. Fox Philadelphia broke the news that Vick will appear on Oprah’s show, to be taped on Feb. 22, and aired on Feb. 24. And yes, he’ll talk about his time in prison and his return to the NFL. And you know what? They’ll also talk about any other damn thing that Oprah wants to talk about. Because you may have been in prison, Mike, but you’ve never been on Oprah. When you’re done as her guest, you will know the meaning of power.
Fox Philly broke the news while one of its reporters was doing a story on Unequal Technologies, a company that makes protective football gear. Dr. Lee Cohen, in charge of making protective vests for Eagles DeSean Jackson and Vick, blabbed the news about Oprah.
So it looks like Oprah won the bet she made with CNN’s Piers Morgan in January on who would be the first to land Vick as a guest. Oprah was Morgan’s first guest when he debuted as the replacement for Larry King. Now he owes her “200 pounds.” And I’d suggest he pay up promptly if he values his kneecaps.
Exclusive: Michael Vick Heading To Oprah [MyFoxPhilly]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found