Feb 11, 2011, 10:02 AM EDT
Want to get your college baseball season off on the right foot? Why not invite Charlie Sheen to talk with your team? (If, you know, Lindsay Lohan is busy). Sheen, taking time off from rehab (which he’s doing at his home), visited longtime friend and UCLA head coach John Savage on Thursday and talked with the boys. Sophomore catcher Richard Brehault tweeted:
“Don’t do crack, drink chocolate milk, and enjoy every moment..thats all I got.” -Charlie Sheen. That’s what he told our baseball team today
Aside from his role in Major League, Sheen was a good player in his own right in high school, playing pitcher and shortstop for Santa Monica High. Here he is on Thursday with Major Leaguers Coco Crisp, Eric Davis, Brandon Watson and Milton Bradley, who also attended the practice. TMZ:
After batting practice, Savage asked Charlie to talk to his team about drug use. Charlie obliged and got a standing ovation from the team.
As for his batting skills, Brandon says Charlie — who showed up with his own bat — almost hit a homer.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found