Feb 8, 2011, 6:28 PM EDT
Richard Dreyfus: “This was no boating accident!” What we have here is what happens when you take an elbow to the face in a Horizon League game. Butler ended up beating UIC 72-65 Monday night at Hinkle Fieldhouse, but not without a lot of mopping up. Horizon League Player of the Year candidate Matt Howard left the game at halftime after taking an inadvertent elbow to the head from UIC’s Paris Carter just before halftime. Howard was stitched up with the help of Egor.
Howard was knocked down after Paris Carter’s elbow struck his right forehead. When he got up, fans quickly saw a face full of blood, a sight nobody in attendance could recall witnessing before on a basketball court.
“I’ve seen Matt look kind of like that before, haven’t we?” said Stevens, only half serious, a statement that was a compliment to Howard and the way he routinely gives up his body for the team. “Not really, and he’s such a tough kid. The last thing he wants to do is sit for any time at the end of his career. I’m glad that we played the way that we did in the second half.”
Butler’s Matt Howard suffers this season’s bloodiest injury [The Dagger]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found