Feb 8, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Cockfighting. Illegal? Yes. Could cause death to the roosters? Yes. Could cause death to the human participants? Um …
A Tulare County (Calif.) man was killed when a rooster — which had a knife attached to its leg — cut him during the police raid of a cockfight. I’ve heard of using spurs in these things, but a knife? What is this, Battlebots? Anyway, when police showed up the man — Jose Luis Ochoa, 35 — sustained a severe leg cut from the rooster. From the Visalia Times-Delta:
Deputies responded to a field on Avenue 24 near Road 128 after an anonymous caller stated that a group was gathering around a cockfight. When deputies arrived, the group quickly dispersed and Ochoa was caught in the chaos.
Which once again proves the old saying: Never bring a knife to a cockfight.
H/T Deuce of Davenport.
Tulare County man dies after being cut by knife attached to cockfighting rooster’s leg [The Visalia Times-Delta]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found