Feb 1, 2011, 1:05 PM EDT
What, no taser? OK Charlie Manuel, it’s your move: the next time someone runs onto the field in Philadelphia, you need to deck the guy with a hard right, and then throw a bat at him. That’s how they roll in Turkish soccer, as Ankaragucu manager Umit Ozat dispensed some Turkish Super Lig justice on a guy who ran onto the field during his team’s game against Manisaspor. Notice that Ozat wasn’t just content with getting the guy into police custody; he went at him after he was down, in a Rodney King kind of way.
Ankaragucu ended up losing, however, 3-1.
Comment from a reader at 101 Great Goals:
In all honesty, Ankaragucu’s fans are from the slums of Ankara. Their coach should be allowed to walk around with a gun just for his own safety.
DTotD: Ankaragucu manager Umit Ozat attacks pitch invader [Dirty Tackle]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found