Jan 29, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Celtics-Lakers is the creme de la creme of rivalries in the NBA, so leave it for Kevin Garnett to up his game where he cares about it most — trash-talking. KG has revealed a new shoe he will be wearing specifically for Sunday afternoon’s match-up in Los Angeles featuring an emblazoned “152-120″ on the tongue, the mark of the Celtic’s franchise advantage over the Lake Show in head-to-head games.
There are more photos available at Yahoo’s Ball Don’t Lie, and for green athletic shoes that appear to be made of suede, they’re pretty sharp looking. Clean, classy, and the color of Kermit, these kicks are sure to unleash the inner maniacal aging power forward in you. The extraneous Velcro toward the bottom is a nice touch, too.
Garnett is one of the most intense and ultra-competitive players in the league, and it’s no surprise to anyone for him to place himself in the middle of the media build-up to the game, and honestly, it’s probably something his Celtic teammates have come to appreciate — KG being KG allows them to be relatively quiet and focused on the task at hand, a.k.a. Kobe, Pau, and the boys. Less time talking to the media about your shoe choice is more time prepping X’s and O’s, or more importantly for the near-geriatric Celtics, resting (the preternaturally youthful Rajon Rondo aside).
For KG’s sake, let’s just hope his game is up for matching his bravado come tomorrow, or he may find one of those new kicks placed directly in his mouth if the back-to-back champs defend home court.
I also expect to see a counter Anti-Boston shoe from LA anytime soon, something more along the lines of some Timberland boots — those are what you use to stomp Leprechauns, right?
Kevin Garnett’s ‘Beat L.A.’ shoe [Ball Don't Lie]
Kevin Garnett’s “152-120″ Celtics ANTA KG 1 [Counterkicks.com]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness