Jan 26, 2011, 5:43 PM EDT
Mitch Daniels, Governor of the Great State of Indiana, has definite opinions on President Obama’s State of the Union address on Tuesday night. Or he will, as soon as he sees it. There are much more important things to do, like perhaps introducing a bill to cut Ohio State’s shooting percentage from the 3-point line.
While touring a middle school today, Daniels — a Republican who is rumored to be planning a Presidential run of his own in 2012 — admitted to a TV reporter that he skipped the State of the Union to watch Ohio State-Purdue. Well, if I lived in Indiana, he’d have my vote. When asked by a WLFI reporter what he thought of President Obama’s State of the Union address, Daniels replied:
“You caught me. I didn’t watch it. I was watching the Purdue game as long as it was watchable,” Daniels laughed. “Honestly, I’ve read the accounts. I’ve got the text of the speech and I’ll be reading it between now and the next stop. I think I’ll just say that I’m very hopeful that we are going to see changes in national policy.”
The game was on at the same time as the SOTU. Just what we need: another Republican president who can’t multitask, or operate a DVR.
But don’t think that Purdue is doing cartwheels over the governor’s loyalty. In December he announced that the university would be receiving no new money from the state, and earlier this month told them they should make budget cuts. It’s the second straight year that Daniels has stuck it to Purdue; in 2009, he ordered the university to slash its upcoming budget by 30 percent.
That’s not what they mean by “Boiler Up”, Daniels.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found