Jan 25, 2011, 10:57 AM EST
Somewhere in Central America, some kid has an absolutely awesome collection of NFL championship gear from losing teams. He’s hoarding stuff like ‘New England Patriots 19-0′ t-shirts, and ‘Indianapolis Colts 2010 Super Bowl Champions’ hats. And now this, the ‘New York Jets 2010 AFC Champs’ collection, which will be winging its way to Nicaragua, and other nations, toots sweet. That kid is going to be rich one day.
Boxes and boxes of pre-printed official Jets and Bears championship apparel and towels are headed to an organization called “World Vision” — which is dedicated to helping the less fortunate in impoverished communities worldwide.
We’re told the gear will be distributed to Zambia, Romania, Armenia, and Nicaragua in March — along with the pre-made merchandise for the squad that loses in the Super Bowl.
FYI — it’s the second year in a row the Jets have donated their AFC championship gear to a greater cause. They’re very generous.
What’s of more concern is that these countries now have a completely distorted view of our NFL playoff results. To live in a place where everyone thinks the Saints lost the Super Bowl? It’s like residing in Bizarro World. On the positive side, however, Jay Cutler can visit and be treated as a hero.
By the way, NFL teams; as long as you’re going to jump the gun on ‘championship gear’ sales, we’re going to continue to mock you. Nothing like giving your fans a chance to preorder their shame.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found