Jan 24, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
Apparently feeling that Betty White is past her expiration date, Mars Inc., makers of the Snickers bar and of course my favorite, Whiskas cat food, has announced a change in its lineup for the Super Bowl. Mars will once again purchase at least one of the $3 million-per-30-second commercial slots in this year’s game, but there will be no Betty White being tackled in the mud; the 2010 Snickers commercial which relaunched the 88-year-old comic actress’s career. It was also voted the game’s top Super Bowl ad in a USA Today reader survey. The Independent:
In an attempt to reach women, Skechers’ shoe spot will feature reality star Kim Kardashian, comedian Roseanne Barr appears for Mars candy, Teleflora will promote country singer Faith Hill’s floral collection, and GoDaddy.com includes spokesperson and racecar driver Danica Patrick.
Wait, Kim Kardashian and Roseanne Barr? And Fox expects us to concentrate on the game?
Roseanne munching on a peanuty Snickers is not completely official, but she may be attempting to resurrect her career in the same fashion that White did. White was suddenly a hot property after her Super Bowl commercial.
Etrade also plans an appearance of the Baby talking to Fox Sports during the pregame show. So make sure you tune in early on Sunday Feb. 6th.
The Etrade Baby is also supposed to get an upgrade in time for Super Bowl. According to the NY Times, Etrade is currently deciding between ads that show the Baby being well off enough to afford a tailor and one where the baby is talking to a still secret character about Etrade.
Super Bowl 2011 ads to expand into social media [London Independent]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming