Jan 24, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
Well, this isn’t going to help the Global Warming crisis. Over at the Bears Goggles On blog today, five different videos of Bears fans burning Jay Cutler jerseys; four of them with so many shouted expletives that we couldn’t embed them here (but we did find one SFW, which is following the jump). Safe to say the honeymoon is over between Chicago fans and Cutler. His departure from the NFC Championship Game in the third quarter due to a knee injury is the scandal du jour.
But the criticism for Cutler isn’t restricted to fans. Here’s Arizona’s Darnell Dockett, via Twitter:
Dockett backtracked a bit in subsequent tweets, but man, that’s harsh. The Huffington Post has a pretty comprehensive roundup of other sports media figures weighing in on Cutler, including this tweet from Deion Sanders:
“Folks i never question a players injury but i do question a players heart.”
If you’re old enough to actually remember Deion’s playing days, you know that this is the most devastating criticism of all. When Mr. Delicate Porcelain tells you you’re not tough, that’s bad.
Watch Idiots Burning Jay Cutler Jerseys [Bear Goggles On]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found