Jan 9, 2011, 9:50 AM EDT
Ah, it must be good be the King (and forget LeBron, we all know who the real King is). The most recognizable superstar in the world, Michael Jordan is such a stud that he’s used to such a common occurrence as a woman fainting upon merely seeing him enter a room. Wait, what?
It seems that during MJ’s holiday in Anguilla, a woman fainted in a spa resort right as Air Jordan himself entered the establishment.
In a good sign of his compassion, and in on of the most confident lines of all time, Jordan reportedly called the front desk to ensure “the girl who passed out when she saw me was doing OK.”
Only problem? The woman actually fainted while discussing her son’s broken nose with a doctor, and it was merely coincidental that it happened near the time Jordan arrived. I would say that this could be a humbling experience for Mike, but anyone who thinks Michael Jordan will be humbled by anything doesn’t know Michael Jordan well enough (or didn’t catch his viciously petty Hall of Fame induction speech).
No word on the condition of the woman, but we really hope she’s doing alright. Kids with broken noses is a very serious issue, after all.
Better luck next time, Mike…and be careful where you point your greatness. People’s lives are at stake here.
Michael Jordan checks on woman who fainted during lunch [NY Post]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Play Video: LeBron: 'I just made a layup'
- Play Video: Vikings enhance home-field advantage
- Play Video: Monaco Grand Prix is like no other
- Play Video: Kerr: LeBron vs. Jordan comes down to rings
- Play Video: Soft and supersoft tires being used in Monaco
- Play Video: Sens' coach refuses to take questions