Jan 4, 2011, 12:06 PM EDT
We’re not saying that this video proves Floyd Mayweather Jr. used his girlfriend as a sparring partner. But any time your ex is wheeled out of the house on a gurney after one of your visits, it’s a good bet that the two of you weren’t making Valentine’s cards. It’s an old saying in the law profession: When they get out the stretcher, cancel your vacation plans.
The wily news leprechauns at TMZ acquired this video and slapped it up today. The incident was in September, and in the video we see three young children rush into the Las Vegas home of Mayweather’s ex-girlfriend, Josie Harris. Then the cops show up, then Harris (allegedly) is wheeled out on a stretcher, holding her head.
According to court documents posted on TMZ, Mayweather allegedly came into Harris’ Las Vegas home and began assaulting her and screamed “that he was going to kill me and my boyfriend and make sure we are taken care of,” Harris testified in court.
After the incident, one witness told TMZ that he was awakened around 5 a.m. after he heard “a blood-curdling scream that sounded like someone was being murdered” before he saw someone in front of the house and then two cars speeding away.
The “boyfriend,” allegedly, was the Bulls’ C.J. Watson.
Not surprisingly, the reaction to this by many is: ‘We’ll never get a Pacquiao fight if Mayweather keeps rumbling with his girlfriend.’ And that’s unfortunate, because if he really did beat her up, this thing has moved to a whole different level. Forget future fights. Mayweather has much bigger problems.
Mayweather was charged with felony coercion, grand larceny and robbery in connection with the incident. He faces 34 years in prison if convicted on those charges.
Floyd Maywather Jr. Too Busy Going Full Chris Brown On His Ex To Fight Manny Pacquiao [Deuce of Davenport]
Video shows woman that appears to be Floyd Mayweather’s ex-girlfriend after alleged assault [New York Daily News]
Security video shows alleged Mayweather aftermath [TMZ]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles