Dec 31, 2010, 2:25 PM EDT
One of my favorite things to do as a resident of Philadelphia is to show off the amazing traffic hopping skills I’ve developed after three years of living in the city by playing a little traffic Frogger. While other greenhorn street crossers are cowering four feet away from the curb as they mentally prepare themselves to face the harrowing crosswalks of Philadelphia, I’m jay waltzing around cars and properly judging opportune moments to save precious seconds in my constant quest for 7-11 sustenance. Apparently they haven’t yet mastered these skills in South Carolina.
From My Fox Chicago:
South Carolina authorities determined that a 23-year-old man was struck by a sport-utility vehicle after darting into traffic during an apparent re-enactment of the 1980s arcade game Frogger, WYFF-TV in Greenville, S.C., reported Wednesday. Police in the college town of Clemson, S.C., said the victim had been talking with his friends about the Frogger game, in which players have to move frogs through hazard-filled rivers or between cars on a highway, the report said.
The victim reportedly yelled “Go!” before running into traffic Monday, where he was promptly hit by an 2010 Lexus SUV.
This story can’t help but remind me of one of my favorite Seinfeld moments when Kramer needs to cross the street with an arcade version of Frogger so George decides to play a game of real life Frogger himself with the game system to horrific results. This is what happens when frogs are our role models.
Man Struck Playing ‘Frogger’ Game in Traffic [Fox Chicago]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- Play Video: Spurs take a commanding 2-0 lead
- Play Video: An early whistle takes goal away from Kings
- Play Video: Kerr: LeBron vs. Jordan comes down to rings
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks even series with Kings
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins comeback to win Game 3