Dec 29, 2010, 11:48 AM EST
Slow news week? Feh! says Fox News. Tucker Carlson, filling in for Sean Hannity on the Hannity Good Time Lovefest Happy Hour, had some shocking comments about President Obama’s call to Eagles owner Jeff Lurie on Tuesday. Here’s the highlight: Michael Vick, Carlson claims, should have been “executed” for what he did to dogs. (Video following the jump).
Carlson led a panel discussion pegged to President Obama’s recent phone call with the Eagles owner, in which he applauded the Eagles for giving Vick a second chance following his time in jail over his dogfighting scandal.
But Carlson is not as forgiving as Obama or the Eagles.
“I’m a Christian, I’ve made mistakes myself, I believe fervently in second chances,” Carlson said. “But Michael Vick killed dogs, and he did in a heartless and cruel way. And I think, personally, he should’ve been executed for that. He wasn’t, but the idea that the President of the United States would be getting behind someone who murdered dogs? Kind of beyond the pale.”
And oh, Carlson knows what being executed feels like. His career was humanely put to sleep in 2004 when Jon Stewart tore him apart as a guest on an episode of Crossfire, which was canceled a few weeks later.
I’ve been as hard on Vick as anyone, or at least I thought so until Carlson came along. Does he really think Vick should face the gallows? I guess that if you’re a fill-in host on Fox who’s angling for a full-time gig, no amount of partisan hackery is beneath you.
Tucker Carlson: Michael Vick ‘Should Have Been Executed’ [Huffington Post]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found