Dec 24, 2010, 10:23 AM EST
It’s that hectic time of year, what with all the entertaining and the bowl games and the Christmas shopping … wait … Christmas shopping?! Crap! Looks like I’m going to be very busy today, so posting will be light. But here’s some stuff that I’ve been meaning to put up, and haven’t gotten around to.
Leading with, of course, Larry Brown’s Amazing Technicolor Dream Wardrobe from the 1970s. Brown’s nine-team NBA odyssey began in 1976, and ended (we think) earlier this week when he stepped down as coach of the Bobcats. Brown began his coaching career in 1972 at Davidson, and no one dressed better, as we see in these SI Vault photos (via Sports Grid). Behold, below:
Some other stuff to throw under the tree at the last minute:
- Yes, LeBron James used a Power Point presentation to obtain sponsors for his birthday party.
- Revealed at last: the reason Santa’s reindeer can fly.
- Ryan Leaf has signed a three-book deal to tell his life story. The first will be all about his time at Hogwarts.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found