Dec 21, 2010, 10:03 AM EDT
With the Metrodome in ruins, just how did they get the University of Minnesota’s field ready for the Monday Night Football game between the Bears and Vikings? An army of volunteers shoveled snow for three days … including home mascots Goldy Gopher and Victor Viking. According to this video I just found in my inbox, the two were more of a hindrance than a help; but I enjoyed the shovel fight, and Goldy’s gigantic prop cell phone.
Deduct points for neither of the mascots attempting to ride the snow conveyor belt. Add points for the fact that Goldy sleeps in a locker room, and uses a giant mustache as a sleeping mask.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found