Dec 16, 2010, 12:13 PM EDT
Oregon Woodburn High’s Andy Avgi isn’t even planning on playing basketball in college, but he’s making his mark at the high school level. So far the 6-foot-6, 240-pound junior has one shattered backboard to his credit, accomplished during this dunk in a game against Putnam High.
The only thing it really proved, however, is that glass-shattering dunks are still only worth two points. Woodburn lost the game, 62-60, to Putnam.
Avgi, who is also a tight end on the football team, is being recruited for football by Oregon and Oregon State, among others.
In the video, be sure to notice the kid with the black backpack who gets so excited over the dunk that he races down from the stands and runs out the door of the gymnasium, never to be seen or heard from again.
Oregon High School Dunk Brings The House Down [Deuce of Davenport]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found