Dec 15, 2010, 10:47 AM EDT
In an interview with NBC News and TheGrio.com on Tuesday, Michael Vick said that he would like to get a pet dog.
Hello? Is this thing on?
“I would love to get another dog in the future. I think it would be a big step for me in the rehabilitation process.
“I think just to have a pet in my household and to show people that I genuinely care, and my love and my passion for animals; I think it would be outstanding. If I ever have the opportunity again I will never take it for granted. I miss having a dog right now. I wish I could. My daughters miss having one, and that’s the hardest thing: telling them that we can’t have one because of my actions.”
The entire interview will be presented on The Grio later today. I’m going to reserve judgment on this until I see it. Although at this minute I hear that PETA is scrambling its squadron of fighter jets, and all leave has been canceled.
UPDATE: Here’s the interview.
Michael Vick: A new dog could help my rehabilitation [TheGrio]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found