Dec 13, 2010, 10:04 AM EST
By Minor League Baseball standards, this jersey design isn’t that remarkable; right, Sacramento River Cats? But this is hockey, where tradition and the appearance of manliness are highly valued, and gimmicky promotional jerseys are frowned upon by many. But that didn’t stop the ECHL’s Florida Everblades from rolling out these festive duds on Friday night against the Greenville Road Warriors.
I could go with the spirit of the jersey if not for those shorts, and the pajama pants. Yikes.
But this isn’t the first time that minor league hockey has gone nuts with promotional jerseys. I give you:
Quad City Mallards (Central Hockey League), Police Appreciation Night.
Kalamazoo Wings (ECHL), McDonald’s Golden Ice Night.
Alaska Aces (ECHL), New Year’s Eve.
Kingston Frontenacs (Ontario Hockey League), Don Cherry/Military Night.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found