Dec 10, 2010, 4:49 PM EDT
The New York Jets set their spokeswoman on Prime KO Japanese Steakhouse after they found out the kosher restaurant was serving dishes with names like “Green on Green Jets Salad” and “Jets Dragon Roll”.
Jets spokeswoman Jessica Ciccone called Prime KO Japanese Steakhouse at 217 W. 85th St. a few weeks ago to complain the gourmet Gang Green fare wasn’t authorized by the team.
“We were really shocked,” said restaurant spokesman Steven Traube. “I think she was just being spiteful.”
So far the restaurant is holding its ground. They added a “Jets latke” for Hanukkah. Can’t wait to see what they add for Kwanzaa. Something with a poached egg called Revis Island perhaps. [Deuce of Davenport]
- Seventh-grader throws down thunder dunk on a fast break. Ladies and gentlemen, we need to preface the following video with this disclaimer: The man-child throwing down the thunder dunk you’re about to see is only 11 years old. [Prep Rally]
- Illinois-Oakland Game is Latest in Historic Equipment Errors. It was quite the gaffe in Champaign when, for the first seven minutes of Wednesday night’s mens basketball game between Illinois and Oakland, the players used a women’s ball. Lucky for the refs, players and all involved in the incident they can rest assured that this isn’t the first time the sports world has seen some notable equipment problems that initially went unnoticed. A few examples … [Joe Sports Fan]
- Oh, Spare Me: Tennessee Basketball Player’s Eligibility Hinges On Passing Bowling Class. After transferring from Marquette to Tennessee in December, 2009, forward Jeronne Maymon had to sit out one year before he was eligible to play for the Volunteers. With the year just about up, one thing is preventing Maymon from making his debut on Saturday against Pittsburgh: A passing grade in a bowling class he took during fall semester, one of the five classes Maymon was enrolled in. [Sportress of Blogitude]
Want your blog post in blogdome, just like all the cool kids? Send it on over to firstname.lastname@example.org. Seacrest out.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found