Nov 16, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
As any actor can tell you, portraying a mentally challenged person is a sure way to win an award. If you’re in Rain Man, you don’t want Tom Cruise’s part, you want Dustin Hoffman’s. That’s what Michael LaPayower says he was thinking when he made a series of Yankees fan videos this year; he was, he says, “taking a comical approach” to being the ultimate fan. I have my doubts on this; I think LaPayower isn’t putting on an act at all. He’s really this disturbed. But whatever; the Yankees and Chevy like him, and have named him winner of the YES Network’s 2010 Chevy Fan of the Year video contest. Here’s the winning entry:
If this is the real Michael LaPayower, and this is the best he can do, congratulations and more power to him. But if this is a character he’s playing just to annoy us, damn him … damn him straight to hell.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while gift wrapping your cat …
- College football returns to Wrigley Field for the first time since 1938. Ferris Bueller to take the day off.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
A horse is a horse of course of course, unless that horse says he is Dick Morgan from the U.S. Customs Dept.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found