Nov 16, 2010, 11:05 AM EST
Best episode of Bully Beatdown ever? No, just Japanese MMA, where Takeo “Cerberus Take” Shiina becomes so enraged with the showboating antics of South Korea’s Jung Hyun Lee that he tries to pound him into a fine powder; even after the ref has called the fight. Oh, and the ref, Samio Kimura, is knocked out in the process (video following the jump).
It was at Grachan Five last week in Tokyo, as Shiina scored a first round KO victory. Kimura was trying to stop the fight, but Shiina whacked him a few times as well, with ring attendants then jumping in to perhaps prevent death or dismemberment.
MMA in the U.S. and Japan couldn’t be more different. Here, they strive to present it as legitimate sport; while Japan goes more for a pro wrestling flavor, at least in the buildup.
Japanese Ref Gets KO’d [Spinal Tapout]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found