Nov 15, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
What happens when a rodeo bull leaps into the stands and starts stomping the spectators? I think the rodeo clowns should be court-martialed. “Turn in your oversized pants and bulbous nose, clown.” (Clown slinks off in shame, still wearing noisy clown shoes *squeek! squeek! squeek! squeek! squeek! …*
It happened at the Canadian Finals Rodeo in Edmonton, Alberta on Friday, as a bull named Rewind bucked its rider and jumped a steel security barrier into the crowd. Unlike with a bullfighting event, where the bulls are bent on bloody massacre, this one just wanted to pummel a few humans for taking its dignity. How would you like to be mounted by Billy Ray Cyrus and taunted by Oompa Loompas? From CNN:
One woman was hospitalized and three others were injured and treated by paramedics at the event, according to a statement released by the Northlands Organization, which sponsored the event.
Video from CNN affiliate CTV shows a chaotic scene as spectators frantically scattered away from the bull. One woman gripped tightly to the security railing. An onlooker lifted a child out of her seat to protect her from the approaching animal.
Great call by the annnouncer, by the way:
“Well, we have us an issue here now,” an announcer said. “I suggest you get high [in the stands] really fast.”
I knew this would happen once the vendors started selling alfalfa.
Bull bolts into crowd at Canadian rodeo [CNN]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found