Nov 15, 2010, 12:05 PM EST
Radio blowhard and noted blog murderer Colin Cowherd leads a life of yelling into mics and at cameras and pissing people off, and apparently that’s good enough these days to sell your life story to television. That’s what’s happening with Cowherd’s unique life journey of raising havoc and insulting people for radio and TV ratings. Are we sure we can’t get one about Cowherd’s Sports Nation cohort Michelle Beadle instead?
A popular sports radio talk show host has sold his life story to CBS for a sitcom deal. A project based on ESPN talk show host Colin Cowherd was picked up by the network. His radio show, The Herd with Colin Cowherd, is a syndicated program known for Cowherd’s obnoxious commentary that sometimes results in headline-making arguments with players and fans.
The Cowherd script sold as a multi-camera comedy to CBS, with writers Bill Martin and Mike Schiff attached (Hank, Grounded For Life), as well as executive producers Eric and Kim Tannenbaum (Two and a Half Men).
And now I leave you with a video where Cowherd told a caller who only wanted to talk about how Kansas City Royals closer Joakim Soria was having an excellent season to shoot himself in the head and then stab himself in the eye with an icepick. Classy!
ESPN Radio Host Cowherd Lands CBS Sitcom Deal [Hollywood Reporter]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found