Oct 26, 2010, 10:33 AM EDT
Yes ESPN, the motley crew of baseball experts who gave you this, is now predicting that the Rangers will beat the Giants in the World Series. Although, I see they’ve made a change in the lineup to get one dissenting vote in there, so as to not be completely humiliated again. As a Giants fan, having nine of 10 ESPN baseball writers go with the Rangers makes me very happy.
Apparently, however, the betting public agrees, at least for Game 1. At Bodog Sports (via Sports Radio Interviews), the Rangers with Cliff Lee on the mound are at -133, meaning that one would have to bet $135 to get a return of $235. The Giants are at -113 for Game 1 ($100, $213 return).
Here’s today’s World Series preview, via AOL Fanhouse. Seems like everyone’s picking the Rangers. So I’ll raise my glass and drink once again to being the underdog.
If ESPN writers picked The Civil War:
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found