Jul 14, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
Wait, don’t tell me. Spain? Germany? England (laugh track)? Bodog.com, which wastes no time getting the jump on things, lists Brazil as the favorite to win the 2014 World Cup, at 3-1, with Spain and Argentina at 11/2, and Germany at 10-1. Me? I’m putting a couple of C-notes on Cameroon, at a cool 250-1. Of course it’s no secret why Brazil is such an overwhelming favorite; they’re playing host to the thing. In fact, the 2014 FIFA logo is shaped like a World Cup trophy, in Brazil colors. Subtle.
But for those figuring to beat the odds via Paul the psychic octopus, I have some bad news. The octopus life span is only about four years, and Paul is already 2. So I’d begin searching for another mollusk now. May I suggest the wily clam?
Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit amphetamines.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed after assaulting a Canadian cop with a gentle soap bubble …
* Jordan: Kobe is better than LeBron. OK, so that’s settled.
* Ben Roethlisberger finds yet a new way to get into trouble.
* If only Ben had one of these, things would have been fine.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
Wow … an additional $500. You’re not exactly a James Bond villain, are you Mr. Mustache?
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found